Code | Montreal
We are looking for a tenured Mathematical Game Designer to work with our Montreal team. This is a high profile position that has a critical impact on the success of our games. You will use your expertise in the field of math/statistics/slot mechanics to design sound game concepts and mathematics. This includes determining game features, entertainment, pacing, bonus, volatility, RTP, payouts, thus requiring deep gaming experience, coding skills and the ability to create statistical models.
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in designing all aspects of a game design including entertainment, pacing, mathematical outcomes, and player communication.
- Generating initial and final excel-based math models, par sheets, and JSON or XML control files used by our game engine.
- Testing mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming).
- Creating and owning all design documentation and deliverables for projects, including game concepts, in-game messaging, marketing communication, game rules, some game documentation, and paytables.
- Play testing all games in studio development with detailed verbal or written feedback around all aspects of the player.
- Maintaining active field research, analysis and industry knowledge to clearly understand and convey player profiles to develop new features and products.
- Sharing innovative solutions and industry trends to help shape other project features with fellow game designers and development staff.
- Having meticulous attention to detail to achieve optimal designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject, such as mathematics/statistics, engineering, or computer science.
- 5+ years designing mathematical models for slot games.
- Portfolio of successful slot games that includes free spin and bonus games.
- Portfolio of excel-based math models, par sheets, and control files used to develop successful slot games.
- Track record of developing concepts into successful packages of math models and games.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and providing specifications for other members of team.
- Experience leading teams including programmers and graphic designers on game projects from conception to release.
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, MVC and other design principles.
- Experience working in agile and iterative environments.
- Familiarity with project tracking tools such as JIRA or Trello.
- Familiarity with Git and feature branching approach.
- Experience with client-server integrations and serialization techniques.
- Open to challenges of learning new languages, technologies, frameworks and approaches to development.
- Genuinely wants to do a good job as a matter of pride in one’s work.
- Keen to learn and demonstrate ability.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.