Creative | Montreal
As a Motion Designer and 2D Animator, you will conceptualize, visualize, and produce the 2D animations and FX for our games. You will be a central figure in one of our production team, creating and directing the video FX, character animations, symbol animations, teaser, and gameplay videos of our slot games.
You will be given a great deal of freedom and influence over the game visual FX direction and let your creativity run wild. This full-time position requires seamless collaboration with other team members to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest visual standards.
Come join us and let’s make great games together!
You will be responsible for:
- Create, and develop enticing and high quality 2D animations and FX for our games
- Animate 2D characters and FX sprites in Spine/After Effects/Animate
- Participate in the creative process by proposing concepts and creative storyboards
- Optimize assets for integration in our game engine
- Brainstorm, create, and develop marketing teaser videos, gameplay videos, and company promo videos using game assets and video captures
- Work with the Creative Director, Lead Artist, and Developers to ensure a synergy between the game theme and the animations/FX
- Meet deadlines and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Be on the constant lookout for the latest in technologies and animation/FX trends
- Research, play, and study casino games to stay up-to-date with market trends and competition
- Meet quality and accuracy standards as required
- Ability to work under pressure; resolves operational and urgent problems.
- Perform any other responsibility and/or task related to the position.
- Experience in Slot Games animation and FX a plus
- BA/BS in fine art, animation, motion design, or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years as a professional motion designer and jaw dropping demo reel
- Expert in Spine, After Effects, Animate or any other relevant 2D/Animation software
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Great understanding and use of composition and color theory, good knowledge of graphic/visual/stylistic trends in films and games
- Versatile and prepared to learn new skill sets and tackle different tasks
- Good time-management skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Experience working with project tracking tools such as JIRA
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership attitude and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to adapt
- Slot Nerd or Casino Game Geek
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and stay abreast of online casino game trends and developments/standards
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- The role will be remote-based initially, but preference will be given for candidates who are able to relocate to Montreal, Canada once our offices will re-open
- Preference will be given for candidates with experience in producing online casino games
Apply for this position.
PEARFICTION STUDIOS INC
417 Rue Saint-Pierre, Suite 700-701
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tel: (514) 419-7977
For any questions you may have you can contact us at Email: [email protected]
If you are interested in an open position please contact us at Email: [email protected]